You can’t control who stands next to you, but you can control the splashback from a urinal.
Newly released studies correlate the possible transmission of COVID-19 through urine. Referred to as “viral shedding,” traces of contaminated urine become aerosolized and inhaled, allowing the disease to possibly infect others in the restroom. The place this is most likely to happen is around the urinal.
This new information means the management of urine in a restroom is now more critical than ever. Previously moisture management was focused on preventing odors and stains in a restroom, and now it has moved to also protecting a user’s health. For facility managers, building service contractors, and janitorial staff, the game has been taken to another level.
But don’t fear, WizKid Products offers two solutions that specifically address the issue of moisture management in and around a urinal.
The major problem is solved by keeping the urine in the urinal, and the Splash Hog Vertical Urinal Screen does just that. It is the only urinal screen on the market that goes up the back wall to stop splashback where guys actually aim. We recently produced a video that shows just how effective it is at preventing splashback, and you can see it is highly effective at keeping urine where it belongs, in the urinal.
Secondly, for any urine that does happen to escape or for any other floor surfaces that collect moisture and become sources of foul odors and bacteria, the line of WizKid Antimicrobial Mats offers a solution for managing moisture that may escape any urinal or toilet in the restroom. The line of mats features an industry-best antimicrobial treatment that is certified to kill 99% of germ microbes, slowing the spread of bacteria and stopping the development of odors.
For more information on any of these products click on the product images below, or to learn more about becoming a distributor click here.
Source Information/Studies For This Post
A Brief Summary Of What You Just Read:
- SARS-CoV-2 has been found in urine.
- As of now, there is no confirmed case of a person getting SARS-CoV-2 from urine or feces
- We are not sure a person could get SARS-CoV-2 from urine or feces at this time
- We do not need to be afraid of using the restroom.
- We do need to reconsider the flushing of urinals and toilets, and at Wizkid Products, we do think of this all the time.
- Reducing Splash Back would be a good thing and help the possibility of SARS-CoV-2.
- YES, the Splash Hog reduces splashback.
- YES, our mats do have a strong antimicrobial.